If you’ve been to Facebook this morning, you know that today, I am 25 years and approximately 4,015 days old. In honor of the occasion, I thought I’d share with you some of the other defining events of May 2, 1972.
- 91 people die in Idaho’s Sunshine Mine Disaster (Idaho? No, YOU da ho’!)
- J. Edgar Hoover croaks
- Nixon and Kissinger hold a secret meeting to discuss possible Vietnam exit strategies
- On what appears to have been a busy day for Nixon, the president also signs the first proclamation of National Hunting and Fishing Day
- Indiana holds its Democratic primary
- The University of Oregon names associate German professor Edward Diller the new dean of its Honors College
- And last but certainly not least … Dwayne Howard Johnson (b.k.a. “The Rock”) is born in Hayward, CA